Here’s a fascinating film from RCA Victor which shows the process of making a vinyl record. The film begins with the recording process (1956 style!) and continues through to the manufacturing stage. Informative and entertaining….
Latest Blog Posts
- A good record collection is serious business. It must span decades and genres, constantly evolving as you and your tastes do. Like round vinyl snowflakes, no two collections are the same, nor should they ever be. But there are some records that anyone daring to call themselves “a collector” should …Read More »
- What does a fish tank with no water, a watch without hands a vinyl record collection without a jazz album all have in common? They’re all hopelessly incomplete! Hollow shrines of what could be. Sure, they may look nice, but they are missing an essential element that would make them …Read More »
- Unfortunately, when people consider the greatest albums of all time, they are generally considering a catalog of music made mostly by men. In fact, in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the top 500 albums of all time there is not a single female musician in the entire top ten portion …Read More »
- Most musical artists create music that will be appealing to as many listeners as possible. This was the case for most musicians writing in the genre called Motown. For years places like Hitsville U.S.A. in Detroit turned out hit records faster than GM or Ford could roll cars off the …Read More »
- Many of the vinyl albums that top the list for albums a good collector should have in their collection have a major thing in common; their influence on the world of music when they were released and ever since. The way they broke ground and left the world of music …Read More »
Wax is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com